The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award. Thank you to Covert Novelist!
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
My questions for you are as follows:
1. Your greatest achievement to date is . . .
marrying my husband. ( I asked and that’s what he said!) It is pretty true; he’s a great guy. Seriously, though, I just won a teacher/leadership award and a nice cash prize, so that’s pretty cool.
2. Your most amusing moment to date is . . .
getting trapped in my bedroom because I had jammed a bed through the door and it got stuck. I’m pretty independent and had decided to redecorate an move furniture without asking for my then boyfriend’s help. Instead of taking the bed apart, I hefted and pulled and tugged and pushed and get it firmly lodged in the door. Thank goodness I had my cell with me. I called my boyfriend (now husband) and he came over to help me out of the room. I still haven’t lived that one down and it’s been 12 years.
3. You create time for one special thing for you and it is . . .
reading. I devour books but sometimes life and kids don’t get that I need to read. I hide in the bathroom and lock the door if needed to finish reading a chapter or six.
4. Your most “scandalous” moment in time was . . .
Umm, I was a bit of a wild child during the latter years in college so there have been a few scandalous moments. There was a party called “Dressed to get Laid” (yes, it’s as bad as it sounds), and I dressed in a very conservative, yet form fitting dress and then plastered my phone number on my derriere. So maybe not the most scandalous but definitely the most scandalous I am willing to share!
5. If you could go back in time who would you be?
Jane Austen. I’d want to know if Fitzwilliam Darcy was based on a real man. Then I would find that man and see if he was as captivating as his character.
6. Your most touching and amazing moment to date is . . .
My most touching moment, hmm. One night, my husband came home, put on some slow tunes and we danced in the living room. I always remember that night because my husband does not dance but for that night with me, he did.
7. Where do you go to unwind?
Home. It doesn’t matter where, I like being home. We also just built our home, so it’s a pretty sweet house.
8. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Blogging is a great way to express and connect. I like meeting new people and seeing what they have to say. I enjoy dialogues and finding people who maybe not agree with me but who are willing to discuss and learn.
9. What is something silly you love about yourself?
Sometimes I have trouble finding English words because I spend much of my day in Spanish. I’ll come home and tell the kids to put the dishes in the garbage can that washes or to throw their clothes away when I mean to put them in their hampers.
10. Do you work, and if so, is it something you love?
I am an ESL teacher and teach grades 6-12. I fell into this job by chance and after 14 years have fallen in love with it. It’s challenging, rewarding and so enjoyable. My students have become like family. Best job ever.
11. What is one life experience you learned that changed your life?
My first marriage was horrid and the worst experience in my life; however, it did change me. I learned how strong and capable I am, how valuable I am and how I deserve someone who respects me.
Thank you for those questions!
Eleven random facts about me:
- I speak 3 languages: Spanish, French and English.
- I hate flying in airplanes, but I love traveling.
- Once, I escaped from a French mortuary. At 2 in the morning no less.
- I almost fell out of a train (it was slowing down and we were gathering to get out) until some random dude grabbed me by the rear and pulled me in. I’ve been eternally grateful to random dude for years.
- I have had almost all my non-essential organs removed from my body, not because I wanted to, mind you, and since 2005, I’ve had a surgery ever other year for the last 12 years. I’m hoping this year to break the cycle.
- I met a stranger, who was an alum of my alma mater, at the base of a mountain in Switzerland. Once he found out where I went to school, he offered me a ride up the mountain. We had hot chocolate in a chalet and drove back down that afternoon.
- I didn’t break my first bone until I was 32. It hurt. Alot.
- I was born a red-head and went golden blonde at age 4. By the time I was 16, I was a strawberry blonde until I had my first child. Then I went red until my second child when I become a blonde again. Swear to God. No hair dye involved.
- During my sophomore year of high school, I played Stupifying Jones from L’il Abner; I was dressed in high heels, a feather boa and a nightie. I cringe every time I think of it. A sexy nightie on a 16 year old? What were they thinking?
- I was catcalled for the first time when I was 11. Not a great memory but memorable for its awfulness.
- My celebrity freebie list includes: Mathew MacFayden, Colin Firth, Richard Armitage, Aidan Turner and Sam Heughan. Le sigh.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers. They have unique perspectives on the subjects about which they write and I enjoy reading their blogs. Stop on over and see what they are up to!
My questions for you are as follows:
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you could take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- If you could give someone $1 million dollars who would you give it to?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- Given the choice of anyone living or dead, who would you choose to have dinner with and why?
- Give some advice to other bloggers or other blog starters.
- What is the most scandalous thing you have ever done?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could do any career in the world, what would you do?
- If you could live one day over again, what would it be and why?